Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is heralded to be one of the fastest-growing sectors.
Those days are long gone when people thought a graduation degree was more than enough to get a job. Some of the major reasons why most people don’t get a job right after college are due to a lack of confidence or poor communication skills.
Well, there’s nothing to fret about anymore. Landing a job in a BPO sector is good enough to start a career as a fresher. Also, one of the major reasons why most graduates turn to BPOs for their first jobs. Not to mention the salary compensation even as a fresher is quite good.
And why not, with a shortage of skilled labor and for companies to save costs, they have started outsourcing their businesses in different countries – the Philippines and Asian countries.
Two sectors – the Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) have opened multiple job opportunities as well as given freshers and aspiring BPO professionals a great platform to get started in their career.
Getting into a BPO sector provides you multiple opportunities to work with international clients and at times with Fortune 500 companies likewise.
Though KPO is a segregated sector, it is a part of the BPO sector. However, the prerequires are different for both BPO and KPO aspiring professionals. For someone looking to get into the KPO sector will need to have a more refined skillset as well as the educational background.
Also, the roles and responsibilities in this area vary in nature and complexity.
The perks of working in the BPO sector:
- Provides long-term career growth opportunities
- Recent graduates get the opportunity to grow their career through professional advancement
- Aspiring BPO professionals get the advantage of shifting their roles from executives to specialists within a few years-time
- Continuous skill up-gradation – technical and soft skills
- Wide arrays of training options for those in the company – certifications and internal job rotations
- The best part is, professionals in the BPO sector have started promoting people from within the ranks for faster career growth
An additional advantage, the BPO sectors are now developing leadership skills using internal management programs. Doing so creates a pipeline for upcoming future leaders, and this happens by grooming the right talent from the existing workforce.
Below are some of the tips to make a successful career in the BPO sector:
- You can always opt for BPO certifications, professional certifications play a crucial role. It shows the employer that you’re serious about your profession and you’re willing to do just anything to get stay job secured.
- Being a team player is one of the skills an employer looks for while interviewing the candidate. Since individuals will need to work in large teams, he/she should be able to adapt to people.
- Communication skills play a significant role in BPOs. You must be proficient with your communication skills.
- You need to be proficient in handling a computer. Since you’re getting into a BPO sector, you might either get hired in any one of the categories – voice, non-voice, technical, or non-technical. And computer knowledge is a must-have.
How ready are you to get into the BPO sector?