Pasta- who doesn’t love this delicious Italian food? Everyone does. The gorgeous European nation’s food culture has a very special place for pasta. In fact, pasta is the first thing that comes to the mind of many foodies across the world when they are asked about Italy. Penne, bucatini, tagliatelle, gnocchi, farfalle, and porcini mushroom pasta, there are plenty of heavy hitters in the list.
There are dozens of types of pasta which are different from each other in terms of size, shape, and methods to cook them. Some of them are in Italy longer than others.
If you have already made the most common pasta types, such as spaghetti and farfalle, and want to try something new, then our porcini mushroom recipe is one that you should try in your kitchen right now.
It’s the main dish in Italy, and many throughout the country have their own versions of preparing it. Some go for mushroom hunting, while others prefer to buy pasta online that comes with porcini mushrooms as an ingredient in it. We recommend you to follow the latter to make it easier to cook the dish. If you still wish to add mushrooms for taste, you should get high-quality, fresh dried porcini mushrooms.
Let’s begin with the recipe.
- Porcini mushroom pasta (1 pound)
- Dried porcini mushrooms (2 ounces)
- Minced onion (1 medium)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (½ cup)
- Heavy cream (¼ cup)
- Unsalted butter (3 tablespoons)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Freshly ground black pepper (¼ teaspoon
- Begin the cooking process with a large pot of water to boil. Add salt to it and boil.
- Take a small bowl and add porcini mushrooms. Now, add two cups of hot water to the bowl and cover it to soak the mushrooms. After 20 minutes, remove the mushrooms and look for debris or unwanted particles on them.
- Chop the mushrooms carefully. Remove the unwanted liquid using paper towels.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. When it starts to foam, add the minced onion to it. Now, saute the mixture over medium heat. After a few minutes, onion edges will begin to turn brown.
- When onion edges are brown, add chopped porcini mushrooms, pepper, and salt to the skillet. Cook the mix for at least two minutes.
- Now, add the porcini soaking liquid and simmer it for at least 10 minutes, or until it is reduced to half. Here, ensure that the sauce doesn’t become soup or dry.
- Pour heavy cream to the skillet and simmer it for around two minutes, or until the sauce becomes thick. Check if salt and pepper are perfect in the mix. If it’s not, then add them in the required amount.
- Once the sauce is ready, add porcini mushroom pasta to the pan of boiling salted water. Let it be there for a few minutes. Remove a piece to check whether it’s cooked or not. It must give you a soft bite. When the pasta is ready, drain it.
- Now, add pasta to the sauce. Toss it carefully to ensure that all the portions are covered well with the sauce. After that, add grated Parmesan cheese to the skillet. Mix all the things well for a minute.
Your dish is ready to serve! Transfer it to pasta bowls, and serve it warm.
Where to get Porcini Mushroom Pasta
As Italy is known to be the origin place of pasta, you should get porcini mushroom pasta that comes from the country. But it doesn’t mean you have to visit the European nation just to purchase a high-quality product, which is made using the finest ingredients and traditional recipes.
You can buy Italian pasta online from a store that gets its products from Italy-based brands and supplies them to customers’ doorstep.When buying the pasta type online, ensure that it is made by a reputed brand using the finest ingredients. It shouldn’t include artificial ingredients or salt. Also, we advise you to order a product that comes with porcini mushrooms as an ingredient in it. A significant reason to purchase such a product is that you can prepare the dish and relish its taste even when you don’t have porcini mushrooms to add to it.
Porcini Mushroom Pasta is an extremely popular dish from Italy. If you wish to cook like an Italian, then begin with this easy to cook and delicious dish. Get the pasta type, collect ingredients, and follow the right instruction to cook the dish at home. All the best!