When it comes to beauty, people pay more attention to their skin and purchase products such as lotions, creams, sunscreens, face powder, essential oils, etc. In contrast, when it comes to hair, people often limit themselves to shampoo and a conditioner. Hair is an integral part of the appearance of men and women. It protects the scalp from injury and UV radiations, eyes, ears, and nostrils from dust and particulate matter. The grooming and beautifying of natural hair have been in fashion from ancient times to modern days.
Healthy hair with a compact cuticle layer is naturally resistant to moisture. Coarse texture and loss of its shine and smoothness is a result of cuticle damage. Porous hair readily absorbs liquids and as a result, develops split ends. The damage caused to the cuticle degrades the hair quality, which gradually leads to the weakening of the hair.
Damage is usually more pronounced at the tips of the hair fibre as it represents age progression. The condition of the hair fibre should be considered before undergoing any treatment. For healthy hair, a hair spa treatment is one of the famous treatments to undergo. The benefits of a hair spa are never-ending such as:
- Provides natural oil and improves the texture of the hair and nourishes the roots.
- Normalize the secretion of oil on the scalp.
- Strengthens hair follicles by removing impurities inside pores and promote natural hair growth.
- Reduces stress and improve health.
- Repairs damage and prevent further degradation of hair quality.
Just like the skin, everyone has a different hair type, and so are their problems. Various types of hair spa treatments are available in the market to tackle these problems. Frequently asked questions about the treatment is can hair spa cause hair fall? Hair fall can be a result of trauma, stress, lack of nourishment, and hair care.
Different types of hair spas have a different concern, for example:
- To treat dandruff – It gets rid of dandruff by providing hydration and nourishment to the scalp.
- For colored hair – It focuses on nourishing and repairing the hair as well as protecting the color
- To tackle oily hair – It focuses on reducing excessive oil from the scalp.
- To reduce hair fall – It focuses on increasing the blood circulation, making it the most loved treatment by men and women. Deep cleaning, nourishing, and strengthening of hair makes the hair spa treatment a great re-hydration therapy. Some of the steps involved are:
- Shampooing – This removes oil, dirt, and dead cells from the scalp.
- Masking the hair – It repairs and deeply conditions the hair making it strong and shiny.
- Massaging – increases the flow of blood in the roots and also induces a relaxing effect.
- Steam treatment – It allows the products to penetrate deep in the hair by opening up the follicles, improving scalp health and elasticity of the hair.
- Blow-drying the hair post hair spa – With all the advantages the hair spa provides, it is incorrect to say that hair spa causes hair fall.